Contraindications for massage
– Malignant blood diseases and hemophilia.
– Malignant tumors (before their radical treatment).
– Vascular thrombosis during its occurrence.
– Aneurysm of the heart, aorta, peripheral vessels.
– Mental illness with a significantly altered psyche.
– The active form of tuberculosis.
– Sexually transmitted diseases during the period of possibility of infection.
– Osteomyelitis (inflammation of the bone marrow) is acute and chronic.
– Causalgic syndrome (burning pain) after a peripheral nerve injury.
– Circulatory failure and pulmonary heart disease III degree.
– AIDS, HIV
– Acute febrile conditions with elevated body temperature until the diagnosis is clarified. Influenza, tonsillitis, acute respiratory infections (ARI) (acupressure is allowed).
– Bleeding and tendency to them (intestinal, uterine, nasal, urinary tract).
– Purulent processes of any localization, pustular skin lesions.
– Inflammation of the lymph nodes, blood vessels with their enlargement, adhesion to the skin and underlying tissues.
– Multiple allergic skin rashes with hemorrhages. Quincke’s edema.
– The crisis is hypertonic, hypotonic, cerebral (cerebral vessels).
– Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain.
– Alcohol intoxication.
– It should be pointed out that massage can be prescribed 2-5 days after suffering a sore throat, flu, acute respiratory infections, as well as healing after a purulent process of any localization, cessation of the crisis, and clarification of the diagnosis.
Contraindications for massage of certain parts of the body:
– It is not allowed to massage body parts affected by various diseases of infectious, fungal and unexplained origin; any warts, various skin rashes, extensive lesions, skin irritations, abrasions, cracks, herpes, mollusk.
– With psoriasis, eczema, neurodermatitis, do not massage only the rash area, you can massage the nearby area.
– With trophic ulcers on toes in patients with sclerotic lesions of peripheral vessels, with endoarteritis, do not massage the foot.
– You can not massage areas where there are benign tumors; remote areas can be massaged in connection with the indications for massage for other diseases or injuries in this patient, but only by a gentle, not intensive technique.
– You can’t massage the area where there was a previously malignant tumor removed during surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. You can massage distant areas with concomitant diseases and injuries, but better in the long term: in children – after 2 years, in adults – after 5 years in the absence of metastases.
– After removal of a malignant tumor of the breast without metastases in case of swelling of the hand (as a postoperative complication), you can massage your hands at any time after surgery using a gentle, suction technique (several times a year with the resumption of swelling of the hand).
– With mastopathy, massage of the front surface of the chest is contraindicated.
– With ovarian cysts, fibroma, uterine myoma, endometriosis, prostate adenoma in men, the lumbar region and abdomen cannot be massaged.
– Do not massage moles protruding above the skin, they should be circumvented; especially further from moles that do not protrude above the skin, it should be massaged in cases where there is no hair on the moles (because of the danger of their possible transformation into malignant neoplasms).
– You can’t massage the area where the veins are significantly dilated or bulge out (varicose veins). For example, with the expansion of veins on the legs, you can’t massage the legs, but you can massage the lumbar and gluteal areas in connection with this disease and other areas of the body with concomitant diseases.
– With minor damage to the skin, allergic rashes, you can allow massage of the area significantly remote from the lesion.
– In the days of menstruation, proceeding normally, massage of the abdomen, lumbar region is not allowed. For meager menstruation, it is recommended to massage.
– With hernias, massage of the abdomen is not allowed; allowed only in infants.
– With stones in the gall bladder, urinary tract, you can not massage the stomach, lumbar region.
– During pregnancy, in the postpartum period and after an abortion for 2 months, massage of the abdomen, lumbar region and thighs is contraindicated.
– Breast massage is contraindicated in any of their diseases, but it is advisable to use it in nursing mothers in the early stages after childbirth to increase milk excretion.
– You can not massage the inguinal, axillary, navel, nipples.